- Chiropractic care is available to members of the armed forces at more than 60 military bases in the U.S., and more than 60 Veteran’s Administration (VA) medical facilities.
- The U.S. Congress has authorized that certain chiropractic services for all Americans be covered by Medicare and Medicaid.
- Federal employees have chiropractic coverage in the Federal Employee Health Benefit Program and in the Federal Employee Worker’s Compensation Program.
- Chiropractic treatment is a covered benefit in virtually all traditional insurance policies. In fact, according to some reports, as many as 87 percent of all insured American workers have coverage for chiropractic services in their health care plans.
- All 50 states have authorized the provision of chiropractic care under state workers’ compensation laws.
- Chiropractic services are included in the Railroad Retirement Act..
- The Internal Revenue Service includes chiropractic services as a valid medical deduction.
Courtesy of the American Chiropractic Association