- This event has passed.
2019 Annual Fall Convention featuring Dr. Tim Maggs & CPR Certification Course
October 5 @ 8:00 am - October 6 @ 2:00 pm$30 – $499
Advanced Biomechanical Testing & Treatment for the Active Patient for Doctors
Dr. Tim Maggs of Structural Management, the Future of Sports Medicine
October 5-6, 2019 ~ 12 Hours of Continuing Education
Sponsored by Footlevers
Courtyard Marriott, Marlborough, MA
Register Online Below!
- Introduction—discussion of current healthcare trends, contributors to the healthcare “crisis” and possible solutions, particularly as it pertains to chiropractic
- A biomechanical model is the model of choice to care for the middle and high school athlete. This is a massive population and biomechanically minded chiropractors are the best suited to care both preventatively and therapeutically for this group. We will review the relevant biomechanical information needed to approach this group.
- The Atlas Operating System. This is a system for optimal approach with patients from a clinical perspective. The system divides all patients into two categories, acute and non-acute, then gives a step-by-step approach for maximum clinical outcome.
- Caring for the Acute Injury. Specific clinical protocols in dealing with the acutely injured patient, ranging from diagnosis to treatment.
- The Structural Fingerprint® Exam. A detailed, hands-on, explanation of this biomechanical exam, with discussion of each test, the relevance, interpretation and recommendations needed. As time allows, we will have attendees perform this exam on each other, and will interpret all findings and discuss appropriate recommendations. This is one of the benefits of having this program in my office, as all testing can be done in-house.
- Custom Orthotics and Digital Scanning. A detailed overview as to the role custom orthotics play in addressing biomechanical imbalances and weaknesses, and the value of using digital scanning instead of casting kits.
- Report of Findings. We will review the art of interpreting tests correctly and effectively communicating this information to the patient for maximum acceptance of care and clinical competency.
- Becoming Your Local High School’s Sports Dr. Chiropractors have had an incredibly difficult time working with their local middle and high schools. Much has to do with the dominance of the medical profession in combination with not having a clear job description to offer to the school district. We will review the clinical tools needed to become attractive, what role the chiropractor would play, and how to select the best school possible.
About the Speaker: Dr. Tim Maggs has been in practice for 39 years, and now specializes in the evaluation, care and treatment of the middle and high school athlete. Dr. Maggs is currently the Director of Sports Biomechanics for Christian Brothers Academy in Albany, N.Y., and continues to educate the families of CBA about the importance of biomechanics with his Structural Management® Program. Dr. Maggs is also the developer of ‘The Concerned Parents of Young Athletes™’ Program, a program designed to raise the awareness of sports biomechanics. His website, www.CPOYA.com, is now the national website for all chiropractors who wish to be part of The Concerned Parents of Young Athletes™ Providers Network, a Network designed to help chiropractors get into high schools and learn all of the protocols, marketing and knowledge needed to be the best in their communities. Dr. Maggs’ goal is for all middle and high school athletes in this country to receive a biomechanical exam prior to each season, and the key is having qualified doctors. available to provide these exams.
First Aid & CPR/AED Certification – American Red Cross – Everyone
Saturday, October 5, 2019 ~ 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
First Aid and CPR/AED trains you to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illness.
All training classes include the following:
- 2-year certifications
- Free digital training material
- Free digital certificates to hang in your office
- Peace of mind that you are trained
- Acquiring valuable training that helps you protect those that are under your care could be one of the best things you’ve ever decided to do.